The RAMU family can be found in DARDAGNY from the end of the fourteenth century. Long before the Escalade, they already owned vines. The current estate is located on the slopes of the Donzelle and on the hillside overlooking the castle of Dardagny. Edmond RAMU, who took over the estate in 1925, innovated by introducing Guyot pruning on wire for the first time in Switzerland. He also tried new varieties (red and white hybrids). Passionate about quality vinification, he planted the first Gamay and Pinot-Noir in 1936, and with his wines he obtained numerous distinctions, notably gold medals in Lucerne in 1954 and Lausanne in 1964.
Charles RAMU-CACCIA who took over the estate in 1955, enlarged it to its current surface of 18 hectares. He introduced Aligoté, Pinot-Gris, Gewurztraminer and Muscat and won 3 gold medals at the Ljubljana exhibition in 1980 for his Chasselas, PinotGris and Gewurztraminer. In 1981 a gold medal was added with the title of champion for his Gewurztraminer.
All these wines are vinified at the estate by his son Claude RAMU who has been running the estate since 1982, he named it "Domaine du Centaure", and asked the painter Serge DIAKONOFF to design the labels of his new wines.